Friday, October 14, 2011

I was a better writer then, (I think)

a blog post I recovered from my old blogsite, pasensya sa ilang grammar failz.:

-----------------------------------------------

posted November 30, 2007

There's a lot of things going on in my life that I almost forgot what to think about first. Just yesterday, Sen. Trillanes established a standoff at the Manila Peninsula there in Makati, together with Brig.Gen. Lim of the AFP, and a Bishop whom I forgot what his name was. I've found about this news very late, it was, I think, around 2:30 in the afternoon then of November 29, and I haven't taken my lunch yet.

3:00 pm, I was on my way to my alma mater, Pinagbuhatan High School, to meet a friend who was the reason why I cancelled all my recently planned activities that I am suppose to do that day for some shallow reason. There's also one thing that I've found out from dropping by there, the field trip was cancelled due to the teacher's petition on some issues related to a corruption-sort-of-thing accused to the principal. If you're from Pinagbuhatan High School, probably you know who am I talking about.

By that time then, I talked to Ma'am Leano, who was a very kind and good teacher by the way, she said that finally, finally the school's publication is ready to release another issue. From my observation on my alma mater's situation, probably this new issue will not be a kind of typical high school newsletter which only talks about school events, contests, achievements, and all the favorable high school craps that I've been taking from the past issues of the publication. I presume, this up-coming issue would be a bit more contemporary, and a bit bolder, a deeper approach on what a student publication must be.

It was almost 5 pm when I left my former school. And it was the only time that I have taken a full meal since breakfast. Upon eating my meal, I was watching a very interesting and entertaining TV drama called "Krisis sa Makati". Which starred the PNP, the AFP, the Magdalo soldiers, the Standoff heads (Trillanes, Lim, etc.), and the Media men and women who serves as the umpires who stand off between the magdalo and the governmant forces.

There is only one thing that I have noticed while watching the standoff on TV, the military was trying to impress (or more or less threaten) the people through their vulgar display of power. Which what I thought was meaningless. I mean, what's the point of forcing a tank to enter the building when their enemy is almost unarmed. It's just some bullshits that the military is fond of showing off.

The media, who stood there from the start to the beginning of the crisis trying to do their jobs were treated very well by the magdalo troops as if they are a part of the company. Yet, the military, who suppose to protect them as civilians, treated them as harsh as they treat the other criminals. Why in Satan's ass do they have to do that?! They're just there to do their job as broadcasters, yet this military men are not doing theirs.

At the first time I saw this commotion broadcasted live on TV, I only said, "what the hell is happening in this world?" But watching it thoroughly for hours without commercial breaks, I realized that, this TV show is better than Zaido.

No comments:

Post a Comment